Frustrations & Lessons Learned

Warning:  Mild adult language

After throwing my small bag of luggage on the bed I headed for my destination. I knew exactly where I wanted to go first, I made it to the house in under 10 minutes and the door opened a few moments after I lightly rang the doorbell.

Ms. Wu stood at the door in her Gui (workout uniform) and I could see tiny beads of sweat on her brow. Before I could apologize for interrupting her training she had already taken my hand and led me inside. “No words” she whispered as she pulled me into a tight hug. I must admit I was a little shocked, this woman was someone of standing, she wouldn't admit it but I knew it. As she held me it had this motherly feeling I couldn't explain. I felt safe & secure, it felt like I was home.




It didn't take me long to spot Lu, “figures” I whispered to myself almost in a laugh. I knew if Ms. Wu was training, Lu was behind it. It's like Lu was her friend/bodyguard or something; I sat down and started watching the movie with her, it was some old fung-fu flick. I couldn't understand what it was about but I found the fact that some guy in a bunny suit kicking 10 guys to death quite entertaining.



I was getting anxious and couldn't help myself, though I wish I did. I stood up and asked Lu to spar with me a little. I wanted to test the waters so-to-speak, she showed her first signs of a smile and nodded.



As expected she didn't hold back at all, but I was completely aggressive. Still, it was over before I could figure out what happened. After receiving a kick that I swear went through my stomach she picked me up and glared at me. It didn't take a genius to figure out she was pissed, after staring at her for a bit I finally had to ask her, “what?”

Your form improved, but you feel weak, how often have you been exercising?” I must have worn the answer on my face because she didn't wait for me to respond. “You can't just work on your form and expect your body to grow strong on it's own. Work on your body while you are here, and do not train in martial arts until you have given your body a chance to catch up.




I was confused, I had no idea what she meant by my body catching up, how would I know when that happened? She left before I could question what she meant and the look she gave me as she stepped out the door definitely told me not to follow her. I looked at Ms. Wu who looked a little disappointed, almost like she wanted to comfort me but knew it was for my own good.

I knew there was a gym at the academy, and decided to get a head start by jogging there instead of riding a bike.




I don't know if it was because she mentioned my punches & kicks being weak or if I was just venting my anger, but I did nothing but hit the weights. Hard. I knew she was right, but she didn't have to be so blunt about it. *sigh* Well now that I think about it I guess she had to blunt. Lu wouldn't be Lu if she as nice & comforting.



As I left the school I noticed one of the merchants in the practice area. I don't know his name but he was really putting in work on the wooden dummy! I swore it was going to break, he was assaulting it with punches. It was a fresh reminder of how far I had to go.



As I received my order of shrimp with cocktail sauce I had a lot on my mind. Not just my workout or my scolding from Lu, but I was comfortable here... Too comfortable. I mean I didn't really know Ms. Wu and Lu that well, yet I felt like I was at a second home.



You seem like you have much on your mind, if you need clarity, exert yourself and it will become clear.” I looked over to see another woman, probably mid 20's, she was clearing her plate and smiled as she left. “What's with this place? Everyone seems to know the answer to everything” I whispered to myself. I could tell I was getting irritated so I just left the tip and headed home.



Some random Paparazzi found me on my way out and looked waaaay to excited to see me. I just gave him the evil eye and ignored his pointless questions, I needed sleep.



To make my night worse I couldn't even pee in peace, the damn toilet refused to flush! Ugh, just what I needed...



After a day full of things that just didn't go as planned I finally found the sweet sanctuary of my pillow. Too bad I tossed & turned for half the night... Damn it....



By the time the sun came up I probably enjoyed 4 hours of sleep and I felt like a zombie. After cursing the sun for shining on me so soon I showered and dressed for the day. I thought about paying Ms. Wu a visit but decided to head to the academy instead.



As much as I was complaining to myself it was actually a nice day outside, definitely better than the smog-saturated Bridgeport. I'm not an eco-nut but it's nice when you can enjoy some fresh air while running-. I cut myself off after I heard myself say that and the thought hit me... I sound just like my mom... Ugh. I tried blocking all thoughts of her as I jogged to the academy, I'll have to worry about her soon enough...



After hitting the weights for about an hour I started feeling better, “maybe this is what she meant by my body catching up?” I thought to myself. I started to wonder of Lu knew I was restless & irritated? Maybe that's why she had me focus on the weights? Gah, all this thinking, pondering & wondering is making my head hurt.

Just then I got a txt from Claire, something about what to wear for prom. Heh, prom... I haven't even thought about it even though it's only a couple months away...



I pushed those thoughts back as I continued to train on the wooden dummy, though it was more like my wooden victim. I needed to vent and it was a prime target, I didn't even notice the creepy paparazzi.



My little tantrum came to a quick stop when the dummy spun around and caught me on the face. Ugh, I swear I wanted to burn it after that..



At that point I could tell that this wasn't working, I still feel like waging war on the world and I swear nothing was going right. At this point I figured it's best I stop for now before I really do decide to burn it down.

After what felt like the best shower ever I stood thinking for a moment, I hope Lu didn't see me training, she might really let me have it. No, I'm sure Ms. Wu would help me somehow, it might seem odd considering I've only known them for a couple months but she's like a 2nd mom to me.



Still, I could feel the pang of guilt going to work on my stomach, so much so that I decided to give Lu a call. I had to tell her that I trained today, I don't know why I feel obligated to, it's not like she's my mom.

Heh, then again I did travel halfway across the globe without telling my real mom... The irony of it all nearly made me laugh out loud, but it was quickly overtaken by fear. Lu's not my mom at all, and she looked seriously pissed that I neglected my training, mom might kill me for leaving like that, but Lu might kill me first...



Until next chapter...





2 comments:

  1. great chapter! i am curious about what will happen next :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the feeling that pap might blow her cover when she gets home!!
    great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Ryuzaki family blog.

To all of you new and potential readers, welcome. As some of you may have some questions, I shall endeavor to answer them ahead of time as best I can. I accept and welcome all feedback & comments, both positive and negative. I am always thinking of ways to improve my writing, and your feedback directly affects the changes I may or may not make. If you are a new reader you will soon notice that the first 2 generations were not posted here on blogspot. I originally posted them in my LJ, but as I release newer chapters, they will be here on blogspot. I thank you for your understanding.



"Family History:" - Feel free to click the family tree to stay updated on the family as a whole throughout all it's branches. Regardless of the current posted chapter, the family tree will always be updated. So even if my sims are pregnant and have given birth, whether I've posted the chapter or not, you will see the baby in the family tree. It stays up to date at all times.


"Why is this called a bloodline and not a legacy?" - A legacy is a challenge with specific rules & requirements, often resulting in an assortment of names usually ending in "acy." For example: Legacy, hotacy, fatacy, etc. A bloodline is rather self explanatory. You follow the bloodline, plain and simple. Life is not restrained by rules and regulations, anything can happen at anytime. Houses may be bought, changed or sold, some may die, and some may marry, have children, adopt, etc. There are no restrictions in life, so simlife is no different. Therefore a bloodline is not restricted to the rules and regulations that tie down legacies in their many forms. As you follow a bloodline you will follow pure life, where anything can happen at anytime.


"Heirs?" - Voting on heirs is purely optional, like traditional royal families as well as family's that follow a generational tradition, usually the first born male is to be the heir. However, if he is unsuitable for the role, or has a twin brother, then I will certainly post a poll to vote. The results of the poll will not be set in stone, but will greatly affect my final decision. If no males are born, or if they meet an untimely death, then the eldest female of blood relation will inherit the role as head of the family.


"Authors Note:" - Just as people live and experience life as it comes, the same goes for my sims. If an unfortunate accident befalls one of my sims, regardless of status or relation, I will not intervene. (example: If my current head of household were to drown by accident or die in a fire, I will not exit and re-load my game. I would continue, just as life would continue.) The same goes for finances, traits and relationships. I do not, and will never use cheats in any way, shape, or form. All items & possessions you see are legitimately purchased with finances that were earned.


"Personal Note:" - I apologize if I seem long-winded, the reason why I mentioned the above information is simply so you understand the conditions that the family's life is progressed. If you've been reading then you already know things can become very interesting, I suppose my best advice is simply to read the first few chapters and see for yourself. To those that give my family a chance, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!