Mending Hearts From Mother To Mother

Death tends to cause nothing but sorrow in it's wake, like a pebble thrown in a tranquil pond. Ripples distorting the water spreading throughout. Melody was not a pebble, she was the rock, the cornerstone of the family. Her loss left much more than ripples, the entire family was shaken. Everyone had just begun to heal after Anastasia's death, so to lose a mother, a wife, a friend, was an immeasurable impact.


After Darius broke the news to Kai he had to aid his father up the stairs to bed, Kai was barely able to stand, much less walk. He then came downstairs to Tattiel and the rest of the household to be the bearer of bad news. 

 The following day there was pure silence, the tension so thick in the house it could be cut with a knife. Though usually chatting, Autumn & Tattiel were silent, Autumn researching for her latest thesis while Tattiel enjoyed tea.



Eowyn was especially silent, Melody had been her rock throughout her pregnancy. Her pillar of support and comfort, she was heard crying all night and didn't speak a word all morning. Even when making some grilled cheese for lunch, nothing could be heard except for the sizzle in the pan.



Kai gathered every ounce of strength to keep from breaking down again. He walked outside to the garden his wife had tended to each and every day. He remembered when it was full of weeds and dead plants when his family was going through hard times. Melody had nourished it and revived it, the garden was full of life. “Will it wilt again?” he wondered as he stared at it blankly.



“She wouldn't want this” Eowyn thought, “mom wouldn't want all of us moping around like zombies...” As she sat to eat she glanced at Tattiel and broke the silence. “Another cup of tea? You're going to be in the bathroom peeing for hours at this rate,” she jested. “Oh, and how many grilled cheese sandwiches is that?” He replied with a smirk, “isn't that the 4th one now?” “Hey, I'm eating for two people here!” she replied with a laugh, the first smile she had since yesterday.



The smile was short lived, as she placed her dishes in the dishwasher she stood at the counter, forcing her tears not to fall. Tattiel heard her sobbing and approached her, rubbing her back. “What's wrong Wyn? I know we're all upset, but we have to do our best to smile. That's what mom would want.” “I know...” Replied Eowyn, “but it's. Not. Because. of that.” She replied between sobs.

Tattiels face grew concerned, “what is it Wyn, you can tell me.” Eowyn took a deep shaky breath, “I'm scared Tattiel. I don't know what I'm going to do!” “What do you mean? He replied softly, I don't understand.” “It's me” she replied, “once the baby is born I'll still have to move on. I don't know how I'm going to work, finish high school and pay rent. I don't even know if I'll be able to do it all...” Her voice trailing off as she began to cry again.



Tattiel's eyes gave her a soft glance as he placed his hands around her and held her. “What are you talking about Wyn? We're here for you every step of the way, you are definitely not alone. You're not moving anywhere!” He took a napkin and dried her eyes as he continued, “you are my little sister and I love you. There is no way I would have you move out of the house like this.

You can stay here as long as you want, I don't care how many years, this house is more than big enough. Don't even think about paying anything, just focus on the baby, you can always finish your classes online. I don't know if it's a niece or a nephew in there, but I love them already, and you two aren't going anywhere until you are settled and ready to.”



After a few sobs a smile spread across Eowyn's face, “thank you Tattiel. You have no idea how much those words mean to me.” “You don't need to thank me for anything Wyn” he replied, “you're my sister and I love you, if there's anything you need just ask me. I'll always be here for you.”



As she headed upstairs Eowyn had a genuine smile on her face. Despite all of her obstacles, she was not alone, her family was there to help her as much as they could.



Autumn however was not smiling, she was taking Melody's death very hard, she was barely able to finish her homework and shower. Her eyes burned from crying and her heart hurt, she knew that made no sense, but it really did. She was so sidetracked she almost forgot to take her medicine.



Even as she lay there trying to fall asleep, her mind was racing, she even considered changing her wanted major to the medical field. Though the thought passed as soon as she eventually fell asleep.



The next day was a little better, everyone was trying to brighten the mood as best they could. As she was eating yet again, Eowyn turned to Autumn as she was doing her homework. “I need names!” she suddenly blurted out, “none of the names I think of sound very good, and it sucks because I need boy names and girl names.” She laughed a bit trying to make it fun, but Autumn remained silent. Her face pained as she stared blankly at her homework.



Tattiel sat down next to Eowyn with a plate of his own. “You sure you're only eating for two of you?” he jested as he watched Eowyn destroy 3 burgers. “you sure there aren't two or three in there?” Eowyn laughed between bites, “haha Tattiel, very funny. Just because we're both twins doesn't mean we'll have twins. 

Besides, Elsa ran my ultrasound and there's only one heartbeat. One nice healthy body, no twins or triplets.” “Why didn't you want her to tell you the gender?” he questioned, “because, I want to be surprised. I have an appointment in a few days, maybe I'll think of some good names by then.”




You know Autumn, you really need to cheer- Ow!!! Holy sh-OW!” Eowyn yelled, her voice flowing across the house. “What is it Wyn?” Tattiel shouted, concern and worry all over his face. “I don't know!” she shouted, “but it really hur-.” Her words cut off as she placed a hand over her mouth, she looked under the table and then back at Tattiel. “What? What is it?” he asked, as he jumped out of his chair.

Judging by the puddle under the chair, I think- Ow! I... I think my water broke... Call dad down here... I...” “Just breath! Just focus on breathing!” yelled Tattiel as he called the hospital while running upstairs to tell Kai. Moments later Eowyn was in the passenger seat and on her way to the hospital.





Autumn tried her best to help but was simply overcome with anxiety. “What do I do? What do I do!?” she kept shouting to herself, before running into the bathroom to vomit. “I need to calm down, I'm too-” * bleuaaa * Once her dinner was in the toilet she sat down trying to calm herself down. “I'm so worthless at times like these.” she thought as she sat there, “guess I'll just have to wait for them to come back.”



As Tattiel pulled in front of the hospital, Kai jumped out of the car and ran to hold the hospital doors for Eowyn. “Calm... Down... Dad...” Eowyn panted between her breaths, “It's not... Like I can... move that fast... Anyway...”



Elsa was already in the maternity ward delivering a baby, so her co-worker stepped in to assist Eowyn with her delivery. After being in labor for 12 hours it was finished, and Eowyn was allowed to go home two days later. 

 As she approached the door the first thing she saw was her dad, Kai waited at the door, holding it open. “Thanks dad” she said in a whisper, cuddling the tiny bundle wrapped in a pink blanket. She stepped close to him as she whispered to the bundle that appeared to be falling asleep, “Liliah, say hello to grandpa Kai.”



As they made it home, Eowyn changed into her clothes and carried Liliah downstairs. She stood silently, cradling the tiny life that she had given birth to, humming a soft lullaby that she remembered Melody singing to her. “My mom must have had this feeling too” she thought, as she snuggled Liliah close, “just like my mom showered me with love and affection...” she thought to herself, “I'm going to love you even more.” Before putting the sleepy newborn to bed, with tears welling up just about to fall, she whispered. “Liliah, mommy loves you...”



Until next chapter...




10 comments:

  1. ahw i loved it ^-^ wow Tattiel is a Tea-a-holick XD lol it cracked me up when i read this part “Another cup of tea? You're going to be in the bathroom peeing for hours at this rate,” she jested. Lol XD sounds like something that i would say :3 ahw Little Liliah ♥ ahw say hello to Grampa Kai ^-^ that was adorable :3 i love it keep it up! ^-^

    Rachy :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Autumn sticks to her medication regime in spite of her grief.
    Welcome to Liliah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaahhhh!!! great chapter!
    Liliah is a pretty name ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make the SOB pay child support! Get them into a fist fight or something LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he is to pay childsupport she will have to deal with him for the rest of her life.

    I rater see him go to prison for what he did to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your comments. Even though I know you all are reading, it always makes the writer feel so much better when comments are posted. Especially when I get to hear what's on your minds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name Liliah, very nice! I am glad she was born healthy!!

    I agree, he should pay child support!!! Autumn sick huh?? ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liliah is a lovely name - i was expecting more than one though!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Ryuzaki family blog.

To all of you new and potential readers, welcome. As some of you may have some questions, I shall endeavor to answer them ahead of time as best I can. I accept and welcome all feedback & comments, both positive and negative. I am always thinking of ways to improve my writing, and your feedback directly affects the changes I may or may not make. If you are a new reader you will soon notice that the first 2 generations were not posted here on blogspot. I originally posted them in my LJ, but as I release newer chapters, they will be here on blogspot. I thank you for your understanding.



"Family History:" - Feel free to click the family tree to stay updated on the family as a whole throughout all it's branches. Regardless of the current posted chapter, the family tree will always be updated. So even if my sims are pregnant and have given birth, whether I've posted the chapter or not, you will see the baby in the family tree. It stays up to date at all times.


"Why is this called a bloodline and not a legacy?" - A legacy is a challenge with specific rules & requirements, often resulting in an assortment of names usually ending in "acy." For example: Legacy, hotacy, fatacy, etc. A bloodline is rather self explanatory. You follow the bloodline, plain and simple. Life is not restrained by rules and regulations, anything can happen at anytime. Houses may be bought, changed or sold, some may die, and some may marry, have children, adopt, etc. There are no restrictions in life, so simlife is no different. Therefore a bloodline is not restricted to the rules and regulations that tie down legacies in their many forms. As you follow a bloodline you will follow pure life, where anything can happen at anytime.


"Heirs?" - Voting on heirs is purely optional, like traditional royal families as well as family's that follow a generational tradition, usually the first born male is to be the heir. However, if he is unsuitable for the role, or has a twin brother, then I will certainly post a poll to vote. The results of the poll will not be set in stone, but will greatly affect my final decision. If no males are born, or if they meet an untimely death, then the eldest female of blood relation will inherit the role as head of the family.


"Authors Note:" - Just as people live and experience life as it comes, the same goes for my sims. If an unfortunate accident befalls one of my sims, regardless of status or relation, I will not intervene. (example: If my current head of household were to drown by accident or die in a fire, I will not exit and re-load my game. I would continue, just as life would continue.) The same goes for finances, traits and relationships. I do not, and will never use cheats in any way, shape, or form. All items & possessions you see are legitimately purchased with finances that were earned.


"Personal Note:" - I apologize if I seem long-winded, the reason why I mentioned the above information is simply so you understand the conditions that the family's life is progressed. If you've been reading then you already know things can become very interesting, I suppose my best advice is simply to read the first few chapters and see for yourself. To those that give my family a chance, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!